What do you need before you can access everything the library has to offer? Just one thing: a library card.
Who Can Get a Library Card?
- Anyone who lives or owns property in the City of Saskatoon
- Visitors staying in the City of Saskatoon
- Residents of Saskatchewan. These cards are part of the SILS* system
How Can You Get a Library Card?
You can get a library card at any SPL location or any public library in Saskatchewan.
What will you need?
- A piece of personal identification. For example, your driver's license.
- Teens can use the signature of a parent or guardian as a form of identification.
- Children under 14 years of age must have parent or guardian sign the application form. Parents or guardians are responsible for materials borrowed by their children.
- Driver's License
- Student Card
- Personal Cheque Book
- Treaty Card
- Cancelled Personal Mail
- Utility Bill (including a digital copy of an e-bill)
- Government Correspondence
What if You Have No Identification?
Community Access Cards allow you to use the computers, online databases and resources, and borrow up to 4 items at a time. You can get a Community Access Card without identification as long as a community member can vouch for your identity.
Eligible community members include, but are not limited to:
- shelter workers
- religious leaders
- community outreach workers
- group home staff
The vouching community member is not considered responsible should borrowed items not be returned.
If you have a fixed address but no proof of address, we can send a postcard to your address. When you receive it, bring it into any SPL location so that we can verify your address.
What can you do with your SPL membership?
- Borrow books at any public library in Saskatchewan (reciprocal borrowing)
- Borrow books, CDs, DVDs, magazines, video games and more
- Access articles, newspapers and more online
- Download eBooks, eAudiobooks, movies and music
- Book and use library computers
What can you do without a SPL membership?
- Read magazines, books, newspapers and more while visiting the library.
- Use our wireless network with your wireless device.
- Attend free, non-registered library programs.
Lost or Stolen Library Cards
Tell us right away if your card is lost or stolen. Come in to any location or give us a call. You'll need to show your ID to get a new card.
Remember: you are responsible for all items borrowed on your card.
Login to the Saskatoon Public Library account to manage your account and place holds on material. Don't have a Library card? Get one today!