Historical photographs sometimes are the only reference to the existence of a person or building. Our photograph collection contains a wealth of information about Saskatoon, people and places.
Local History has an estimated 100,000 visual images. Formats include positive & negative film, prints, slides, illustrations, paintings, and other art media. Many of our photographs have been scanned and can be viewed online.
If you are interested in ordering a copy of one of our historical images, please submit a request form. Copies are available as prints or digital scans (see form for pricing).
Note that when using Local History images conditions of use apply, and credit must be given.
To request a photograph reproduction, please follow these guidelines
1. Fill out a photograph permission & request form.
2. Make sure to include:
- Your name, company (if applicable), address, phone number/email, signature, date
- A description of your project and how the image will be used
- ID number (ie: QC-595-3) and classification (ie: BICYCLES)
- What format you need (ie: scan or print)
- What size print you want, or what resolution and file format you want for digital scans
- The total amount owing for your order (including 5% GST)
- How you would like to receive your order (email, mail, in-library pick up)
- Any other special requirements (ie: deadline)
3. Send completed forms along with payment to Local History:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Local History, Saskatoon Public Library
311-23rd Street East, Saskatoon, SK S7K 0J6
We accept cash, money order or cheques made payable to Saskatoon Public Library.
4. Please allow at least one week prior to your deadline for your request to be processed.